Saturday, July 31, 2010

BP14-Photoshop

Yikes!!! Who knew Photoshop was so complicated.

If you read my previous post, you know that I learn better by doing, rather than listening and watching. I am a hands on kind of learner. That being said, I decided to open Photoshop and take a stab at it. I've seen so many pictures of children in black and white with these striking eyes, so I thought to myself "Andrea, you can figure this out! How hard can it really be?"

WOW!!! This is one that I think I am going to need to watch some tutorials on.

So, I went to lynda.com and found a Photoshop tutorial all about enhancing eyes. I opened my picture I wanted to change and the tutorial side by side. I admit, I watched this one about 3 times before I even started to try and modify the picture. I was able to figure out how to enhance the blue in his eyes. What puzzled me was how to get the rest of the picture in black and white. Again, I played, and after many trials and much frustration, I figured it out.


Did I make it harder than it needed to be, probably. Did I learn how to do it? YES!!!

Here is the original picture.











Here is my new version.







Is it perfect? Not quite, you can still see some white areas in his eyes where I couldn't quite get them in right. But I do think with time, I can figure this out. It's going to take some more trial and error, but I am confident I will get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment