Thursday, August 30, 2012

Being a mom...

Being a mom changes you. Life no longer is all about you. It's about the little people who love you unconditionally at all times. Things have been tough lately, being laid off sucks. I've been trying my best to be happy and put on a brave face, but sometimes that all just breaks down. Thanks to my hubby, I've been living vicariously though him and his classroom. (I spent Tuesday ripping down his 9 year old bulletin boards and today replacing them with much nicer, new ones.)

I'm already digressing...

Today we had open house, it was a tough day for me to not be in my classroom and getting ready, greeting my new students and meeting parents. It just doesn't seem right to not be with students. So, after open house, we met the hubby for dinner and debriefed about our days. Nothing too amazing, just typical open houses, I just had mine completely as a parent instead of as a teacher.

As I was putting mini me to bed tonight, I was putting some lavender essential oil on some irritation in his armpit. As the oil dripped onto his skin, he giggled. Everything just melted away. All my anguish, my sadness...it disappeared with that laugh. He laughed and nothing else mattered. That's powerful.

I thought about how my life has changed since the boys came along. Pregnancy was wonderful (most of the time) and the moment those two little people entered the world, my whole life changed for the better. Now, when I have a tough day, all I need is a laugh or some love from those little men in my life. Being a mom changes you.

No comments:

Post a Comment