Saturday, February 12, 2011

Week 2 Comments to Pamela

Week 2-Blog Post #4-Free Post

This week has been very hectic and hard at work. I was informed Thursday at a faculty meeting that my school will be loosing 16.5 teacher allotments for next year, and I am one of those 16.5 allotments. I couldn't help but think what am I going to do? I was very upset at the thought o losing my job, but reading this weeks reading really enlightened to different possibilities. Don't be afraid of change embrace it! I was thinking about all the students that I would miss next and how I have influenced their life and in turn how they have influenced mine. It is some amazing how much a teacher can learn from their students. If anything they have taught me to be patient and understanding. Those are the two things that I struggled with the most my first year teaching. I hope that my life and what I do as a teacher will influence somebody somewhere. Ephesians 5:8-14 "8 For once you were full of darkness, but now you have light from the Lord. So live as people of light..."

1 comments:

4Shikes said...
Pamela, I feel your pain. I've been on the chopping block for the last 3 years at school due to declining enrollment. While I truly love my school, my administrator, the kids and the staff, I wonder if this is my year. But, after reading this week, I wonder if a move might not be so bad after all. I wouldn't lose my job, just my position at my school. There are a few places in our district that are more geared towards technology and maybe this would force me to step out of my comfort zone and find something new. After all, in 47 days, I will have a shiny new Master's Degree!! Good luck with what happens. You do have the right outlook!

No comments:

Post a Comment