Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Week 4_comments to Gregg

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Wk 4 Publishing_Leadership Project

My initial plan is to propose my Action Research Project to be published into two educational technology journals. Since my project deals with the idea of using age-appropriate social networking in the classroom (Edmodo), I wanted to aim for two publications that might be interested in publishing the research that I discovered. My first choice of publication is through the nonprofit education organization, Computer-Using Educators, or CUE. This organization's goal is to advance student achievement through technology in all disciplines from early ages through college. CUE publishes a quarterly journal entitled OnCUE and I thought my research would benefit the audience and readers of this publication.

My second choice for possible publication is through a journal dedicated to informing and educating educators from the K-12 levels in improving and advancing the learning process through the use and integration of technology. This journal is entitled T.H.E Journal and is perfect for the possibility of publishing my Action Research Project findings and discoveries. In fact, T.H.E. Journal recently published a whole article on the use of social networking in the classroom and Edmodo was one of the featured sites. So hopefully the journal would take note of my research and possibly publish it in lieu of their recent articles on social networking in schools.

* Link to Publishing/Leadership Think Out Loud BP1

* Link to Publishing/Leadership Think Out Loud BP2



* Eilers_Gregg_PubLeadProject.docx

2 comments:


antosb said...
That is fantastic that you have found some very apt journals to publish your paper! I am beginning to question my choice of doing a presentation as there seems to be very few places for me to showcase it. On the other hand, there are dozens of business journals out there if I had went the paper route. Did you look at places to present during any of this? If so, I was just wondering what your search tactics were...
4Shikes said...
I think both choices would be honored to have you. You've put so much time and effort into your AR, and I think sharing the results would motivate people to start using more technology in the classroom. I think you should take this into a presentation as well. I think hearing a teacher who's used it and had success makes people willing to task a chance and use something new.


No comments:

Post a Comment