Tuesday, February 8, 2011

WIMBA Blog-Week 2

Sorry I missed this session. Since copyright frightens me so much, it would have been good for me to be there. Alas, a run to Quick Care with my son, kept me away.

One thing that makes me feel better is that using Creative Commons can help me out in the classroom with my students. The explanation of Creative Commons makes me more comfortable using materials. What I've found with Creative Commons though, is there is a TON of material out there, and I would have to be very careful with what we were using in the classroom.

Knowing that I can use copyrighted works for my teaching is helpful. Keeping in mind that if I can teach the unit without it, I can't use it without permission. What's nice about Fair Use, is that if you need some legal protection, there's some there within Fair Use.

Thanks Tim for the site. That's going to be helpful. It's nice to know someone out there is still got peoples best interests in mind.

1 comment: