Friday, February 18, 2011

Week 3-comments to Beth

EDM 613 MAC Week 3 Wimba " The Art of Possibility" and Leadership Project

Although this was one of the shorter Wimba sessions, the information was pretty intense. After reading the Art of Possibility with its inspirational stories and authors peaceful purpose, it was WILD and AWESOME to see Van Halen's Right Now video!!! I was not expecting that. However, the context and correlation were very appropriate. People do forget how one act of kindness, one responsible choice, one hug, one positive word, can change a lot in a domino effect. I was reminded of an email my husband sent me about 2 years ago about a project that a HS class did- each student made 6 ( with 30 extra) ribbons that said something like " you made a difference in my life" and gave them to 6 people with 6 ribbons. Those people gave them to 6 people and so on. A guy gave one to his boss, the boss gave one to his son, the son gave one to a teacher... etc. I was amazed at what a simple story made such on impact on so many people. The Art of Possibility has the potential to touch more than one life....

The power of positive thinking has to be incorporated with motivation and willingness to change....And have the ability to let things go... you will feel better.....see life in the broad scheme of things.... not the scope of the day.

I am very nervous about the Leadership project. I have such a specialized group of students and the research is so limited. I hope that my peers will be able to understand the impact technology has on students with Autism. I am committed to having a great school program, being an up to date and informed teacher, and using my skills learned at Full Sail to promote an technology. I want to tell others about my success with technology in my classroom.

1 comments:


4Shikes said...
The power of positive thinking! That's an issues all WI public unionized employees are facing right now. We are all trying to think positive so we can make a change in what our governor is trying to do to our state-rip apart unions. It's a sad and scary time right now, but I have yet to stop thinking positive and that we can make change happen. Just call me Polly Positive!!

No comments:

Post a Comment