Sunday, February 27, 2011

Week 4: Frameworks

 
In the words of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. "...the dream of a land where every man will respect the dignity and worth of human personality." As a teacher in the great state of Wisconsin, right now I don't feel that my dignity and human worth are being appreciated or respected. So in the spirit of Dr. King, 100,000 plus people assembled this past Saturday in Madison to be sure that the governor of our state understands how much we dislike his 'dis' to state employee unions. 

As Zander says "The 'leader of possibility' invigorates the lines of affiliation and compassion from person to person, in the face of the tyranny of fear. Anyone of us can exercise this kind of leadership whether we stand in the position of CEO or employee, citizen or elected official, teacher or student, friend or lover."
So, collectively, 100,000 people stood at or near the capital building in Madison to be the leader of possibility. All 100,000 of those people being their own leader of possibility.

I've been the person, in the past, to think I won't write to the senators or legislators, someone else will do it and voice my opinion on the matter. Well, that time has passed. I've realized that I create my own destiny and I am my own leader. This makes me want to stand up for what I believe in.

1 comment: