Saturday, February 5, 2011

Wk 1-Comment to Gregg

Wk1 BP Entry 4 - EDM 613 MAC - Lit. Review

As my 6 month journey with my Literature Review comes to an end, I would like to say some final words to my paper.

Dear Lit. Review,

Well, we have had quite the ride these last several months. We had our good times, and some bad times as well. We had our late nights and our early mornings. I kicked you to the curb a handful of times, and you made me sleep on the couch for not keeping you APA happy. There were the times when I tried to make you feel more appreciated by synthesizing and rewriting you, but you always claimed to need more 1.5 inch space and more support from other people (specifically your "peer-reviewed" friends). I remember one time in particular where you told me that I needed to rewrite your introductory paragraph because it was too wordy and wasn't representing you to the potential you deserved. I was really embarrassed about this, and so I spent a good amount of time reworking and developing a better foundation for the both of us. I really felt we hit it off on a positive note, just to find out that I was hurting the both of us from the start. I am proud of myself for correcting that in our relationship and giving you what you finally desired: a body of 1200 to 1700 words. So now the time has come to where we must go our own ways. I know we will keep in touch and maybe even run into each other at the local EBSCOhost. All in all Lit. Review, we had a great time together and I wish you well in your new world of research. Take care and good luck.

Sincerely,
Gregg Eilers
Your author and caregiver

2 comments:

Brooke McKaig said...

LMAO!!! Gregg, You crack me up! My letter to my Lit. Review wouldn't have been so nicely, or should I say eloquently put;) Too Funny!


4Shikes said...

Gregg-you may have missed a calling...as a comedian!! That was hilarious!! From the beginning the lit review was so daunting and scary. I wish we would have had more guidance starting the lit review. I feel like we were sent to sea in just a raft and left to survive. There's more info about it now on the AR site. Again, I wish that would have been there sooner. I think we would have had a few more "supplies" on our journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment