Saturday, February 19, 2011

Week 3-Publishing and Leadership

Well, I have to admit to concept of presenting my Action Research scares the poo out of me. I have never been much of a public speaker. I struggle to speak in front of the staff at my school.  However, I don't feel that publishing a paper really gives people a good idea as to what I did and what happened during my Action Research. 

I started looking at Dr. Bedard's list of journals and conferences. That was even scarier for me. But, in all reality, I need to step out of my comfort zone and reach further. I came to this program for it's quality and am coming out of it with so much more knowledge than I ever expected.


I've looked at a few of the conferences that are listed there and many seem to be too broad for me. I looked in ISTE and SITTE, but again both seemed too broad for me and I guess a little part of me doesn't feel progressive enough to go that far.

I've been looking at the Wisconsin Education Association Council's state teachers convention. This would meet my needs in many ways. One, it's close to home. Two it's my state. Three, these would be my peers.

No comments:

Post a Comment